About the Wheeling Bluegrass Festival
Oglebay Institute proudly presents the 2017 Wheeling Bluegrass Festival Saturday, September 9.
The Wheeling Bluegrass Festival is held on the grounds of Oglebay Institute’s historic Stifel Fine Arts Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, it is an extension of Oglebay Institute’s popular Mountain Moon Coffeehouse series, and is destined to be the premier bluegrass festival in the northern panhandle. The festival lineup features nationally touring artists and familiar local bands. The lush lawn of the Stifel Fine Arts Center will comfortably accommodate 500 festival-goers. Oglebay Institute is grateful for our incredibly supportive local community, including the Wheeling Bluegrass Festival’s two major sponsors, The Hess Family Foundation and Yuengling, our more than 50 volunteers, and the Ohio Valley Children’s Museum for providing an excellent interactive kids’ programming area. Vendors offering delicious food and handcrafted items add to this intimate and easily traversable festival.
- The Stifel Fine Arts Center site is located at 1330 National Road in Wheeling, West Virginia and is less than 5 minutes from Interstate 70, as well as numerous shopping, dining and lodging options.
- All sales are final.
This is a rain or shine event.
- Festival entrance opens at 10 a.m. on Saturday, September 9, 2017.
Music goes from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times while on the festival site—no exceptions.
Those on-site without a wristband will be ejected.
General Concert Rules:
- All bags are subject to search
- Outside alcohol prohibited.
- Glass prohibited.
- Weapons of any kind prohibited
- No animals; service dogs accepted
- Smoking in designated areas only.
- Have fun. Be kind. Dance like no one is watching (though we’ll be watching)